Established in 2014, The Harvest Magazine is the digital destination for journalism on spirituality, religion, culture, and the Church. We feature commentary, essays, profiles, Q&As, explanatory articles, and feature stories. We are a multi-platform, multi-media news site, which means we publish stories in the forms of text, audio, video, and visual content.
Interested in joining the team of a growing media organization? Read our writers guidelines below, and if you think The Harvest Magazine is where you want to share your work, please let us know at email@example.com. Include 2-3 content samples with your note.
The Harvest Magazine Writers Guidelines
- Pitches must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission of a pitch does not guarantee publication.
- Name (The name you want to use as your byline)
- Short Bio (Tell us about yourself, and about your call to write, take photos, or shoot videos.
- Contact information (phone number, email, Facebook, Twitter, blog, Instagram, etc)
- Include 2-3 content samples in the medium you want to publish (text, video, audio, etc.)
- Subject line should read “Contributor Pitch”
- We will be in touch if we are interested publishing your pitch, or if we’d like to learn more about you.
- Submissions should be original pieces, and not plagiarized. In some cases, we will publish previously-published content.
- Solicitations from unsigned artists, businesses, etc will not be accepted.
- Submissions should not be longer than 700 words. Please paste in the body of your email and also include as an attachment.
Please keep in mind that this is a faith-driven, inspirational online journalism destination. We will not publish any content that espouses hatred, or content that is inflammatory, discriminatory, or has a political bent.
There is not compensation for contributors at this time. However, if you are interested in building your writing portfolio, growing your audience, or reaching a new audience, we can help you!